Books are savored best when they are listened to rather than being read to. In fact, popular authors like Dickens had written books for reading aloud. And it is fun actually to listen to the stories.
Audio books have emerged as a popular form of education and entertainment for kids now. Children who have problems in communicating, writing, or reading are not able to exploit their latent talents.
Even in spite of being smart and intelligent, they are not able to understand the subjects taught in class because of not being able to write, read, or communicate. This can adversely affect their self-esteem and motivation.
With audio books, children would be able to recollect their picture making and visualization skills. For a kid who finds it hard to decode words, absorbing the meaning behind them is quite difficult, if not impossible at the first reading. This affects their comprehension, memory and most importantly, the fun they can have.
But when books are read aloud to children find it very pleasing and entertaining and they are able to grasp better. The habit of reading bedtime stories to children has been followed for a long, long time. The audio books available now bring about a host of benefits such as
- Improve listening skills and concentration. There are some hobbies such as fishing, which help you to focus on the work at hand. Just like the audio books, there have been newer advancements in fishing too such as the fish finder available at http://fishinggadgetshub.com/, which helps to enjoy the time on water more.
- An audio book that features a skilled narrator can bring out the right tone and timing, letting you enjoy the words, as they were meant to be
- Language takes on a beautiful form when it is read aloud, and further teaches appreciation of phrasing and grace.
- You can learn the complexities of language easily with audio books
- The interesting way an audio book reads teaches you the way to grab attention, when you are telling something. This vital skill is very valuable in life
- You can appreciate as well as understand the unfamiliar accents and dialects more easily with audio books
- If your first language is not English, listening to the audio books helps to get a clear pronunciation and become adept at native speech patterns.
- An audio book that reads brilliantly can make you learn important facets of a language such as punctuation, emphasis, and enunciation. These bring out the textual meaning precisely.
- Understanding advanced language forms and newer words is easier for young children with the audio books.
- For blind people, the audio books are a treasure trove of knowledge, which they would otherwise find difficult to understand
- Dyslexics too learn much better with audio books.
- Children with attention deficit disorder find listening to the audio books easier and distraction free.
- Children as well as adults find it easy to listen, while they do other chores such as exercising, cooking, travelling, or tidying the place
- Difficult literary subjects such as poetry can be easily understood with expertly narrated audio books. The expertise in phrasing and interpretation brings the poetry to life accurately.